Admin Installation Guide🔗
Textkernel offers an integration toolkit that makes it simple for clients to add supported Textkernel modules to their Salesforce-based recruiting environment. Customers can select which use cases they support, and quickly configure the integration in their Salesforce environment rather than building and maintaining custom integration code.
Salesforce does not offer native recruiting/ATS features, so the assumption is that the client either has:
- Extended the core Salesforce platform via custom development with their own custom recruiting workflows, or
- The client is using a 3rd-party package which extends the base Salesforce platform to add recruiting functionality
This document explains to the Salesforce administrator how to install Textkernel's integration package, and configure it for their own environment. In order to configure the package, Salesforce admins should understand how to configure:
- Managed package installation and access control (assigning package licenses, and using Salesforce profiles and permission sets)
- Single-sign-on configuration (using SAML 2.0)
- Custom Object and Field setup, including custom formula fields, layouts, field sets, Lightning components and pages, and Quick Actions
- Use of Salesforce workflow automation features such as Flow and Process Builder (including their usage to consume Platform Events)
This integration includes example components and code to illustrate how to integrate workflow actions triggered by Textkernel Portal search results. However, if you want to customize the interactive user workflows (i.e. not just background automation using Flow and Process Builder), some Salesforce developer-based work is required.
The integration package also offers a variety of features to monitor the integration health, and debug issues. The Salesforce admin maintaining the integration should also become familiar with these features.
These features and debugging approaches are documented in the Operational Guide documentation.