Automation API Specification🔗
Textkernel's Automation API is an event-driven API that enables partners and customers to integrate with Textkernel to support a variety of end-to-end workflow scenarios. The API focus is on end-to-end process automation between Textkernel and the integrated ATS/HRIS/CRM platform.
Once integrated, the Automation API allows integrated platforms to easily adopt a range of workflows with a single common event-driven API. The Automation API uses a webhook architecture to publish events to the integrated platform. This approach simplifies the integration work, because the logic to start the workflows is managed by Textkernel, and does not need to be built or maintained by the integrating system.
Although this API has a strong emphasis on automation, some interactive user workflows are also supported.
The customer's ATS/HRIS/CRM platform consumes events pushed by the Textkernel Platform via this API, and uses the data in the event to complete the workflow scenario in the ATS.
This document describes the webhook protocol used by this API.
Consuming Automation API webhooks🔗
Receive event notifications in your application using these steps:
- Create a webhook endpoint as an HTTPS endpoint (URL).
- Secure the endpoint by using OAuth 2.0.
- Test that the webhook endpoint is working properly with the given client credentials.
- Send OAuth credentials and webhook URL to your contact in the Textkernel Professional Services team.
- Receive and handle events from the Automation API.
OAuth information and webhook URL🔗
- OAuth Authentication endpoint (URL)
- OAuth Client ID
- OAuth Client secret
- Events webhook endpoint (URL, this is where we will post events)
An example scenario for an automatic matching workflow (to be released in the near future):
- A new Job is created in the ATS.
- Textkernel's platform detects the new job when it is synchronized to Textkernel Search.
- The Automation API automatically pushes a set of best-matching candidates for the job (without any recruiter action needed).
- The integrating system consumes the match event from the Automation API, and uses it to trigger an email/SMS to the matched candidates to see if they are interested in discussing the job.
- The email/SMS responses are logged back to the ATS.
- The Recruiter can engage with the interested candidates to see if there is a fit for the job.